ALL CLIENTS of Fasting Center International, Inc., worldwide, agree to all of the following statements in this legally-binding, e-commerce Juice-Fasting Agreement. You're hereby also agreeing not to attempt self-supervision of our Program beyond the length you're paying for--now or at any time in the future--understanding that you're wholly unqualified to do so, and can seriously harm yourself without even realizing how, as things can arise in longer Programs which may never be seen in shorter ones, on three critical levels--physiologically, psychologically and spiritually.
Providing FCI, three-fourths down, your personal and payment information as requested, constitute your 'electronic signature' initiating this two-way Agreement, entitling your purchase and undertaking of FCI's Program, understanding that the receipt, by you, of any portion of our Program's copyrighted, intellectual property confirms that this two-way Agreement is irrevocable and irreversible, meaning that intellectual property cannot later be returned by you for any reason(s) whatsoever, and that there are no refunds. No exceptions, period. FCI will email the first part at our earliest convenience upon receipt of your order (usually within 24 hrs.), in case you wish, as many clients do, to begin your Program before the remainder arrives via FedEx or alternative delivery.
You're also agreeing that our Program you purchase will be used exclusively by you, as any and all types of 'sharing' or 'uploading' of any or all portions of FCI's FASTING PROGRAMTM or 60-page LIFETIME OPTIMUM HEALTH PLANTM, protected under U.S. and International copyrights, is an infringement of U.S. Copyright Law (for which the maximum penalty is a $100,000 fine and five years in prison), as well as of all international treaties; may result in civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible by the laws, as all paying FCI clients, globally, expect.
And because it has happened, FCI emphasizes that this means you may not share our Program with your spouse, significant other, family member, relative, friend, health-care practitioner, or anyone else. Most recently, for example, FCI successfully sued a Swiss financial consultant who allowed his wife to purloin our Program, which we learned when she had the audacity to telephone FCI with supervision questions, replying when questioned about why she was doing our Program without being our client: "C'mom. . .I'm his wife!!" FCI, over the 35 years we've been blessed as the global leader in our field, because we continually hear tragic, health-damaging stories about foolish souls attempting unsupervised fasting--flying blindly by the seat of their pants into the virtual unknown--has never and will never allow anyone to do our Program without our skilled, veteran, professional supervision, available only to our our actual clients now representing 220 nations. Obviously, since all human body-mind-spirit complexes are unique, no two fasting experiences are the same, on all three critical levels; hence, the absolute need for intelligent supervision, initially. As FCI teaches this marvelous, self-improvement technique for life, our clients may, in future fasts, repeat our Program on their own, but never beyond the length they've paid for.
Obviously, since FCI's is a scientific DEtoxification Program, you're also agreeing to leave behind ALL health-damaging addictions throughout our Program, including the obvious--alcohol, caffeine, nicotine, drugs not prescribed by a physician for a specific health problem, etc. In other words, with the stated exception of physician-prescribed medications, you're agreeing that if it's not included in our TRANSITIONING-IN PROGRAMTM, FASTING DAYS PROGRAMTM or TRANSITIONING-OUT PROGRAMTM, you will leave it behind throughout our Program, just as have and do all other FCI clients, worldwide.
Agreement, by you, to all of these and the additional conditions below, indicated by your providing FCI with your personal and payment information as directed below, is an investment in your own health, happiness and healing power, which pays for itself over and over and over again, as you will then have this marvelous, self-improvement technique for life, and can use it with confidence (again, fasting only up to the length of time you've actually paid FCI to do)!
Noble new FCI clients, worldwide, kindly forgive the necessity of this requisite legalese, understanding that a few everywhere in today's world of global e-commerce necessitate it. For the vast, honest majority, however, our two-way relationship is mirrored in these comments from His Holiness the Dalai Lama's "Ethics For The New Millennium": "Peaceful living is about trusting those on whom we depend, and caring for those who depend on us." Mutual respect has always been honored here at FCI, as brilliantly reflected in the post-fast testimonials in "Ten Fasting Physicians Praise FCI's Juice Fasting Program," currently among more than three-dozen others (nearly all from professionals, worldwide) in the FASTING WISDOM ARCHIVE near the top of all major pages on our website.
To become an FCI client, you therefore are agreeing to all of the above, as well as the following:
- I do not suffer from any serious condition or disease requiring the monitoring of a physician, such as ADD, severe allergic reaction, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS, or Lou Gehrig disease), severe bipolar disorder (a.k.a. manic-depressive illness) and am not taking Lithium, Cushing's Syndrome, FSGS (familial focal segmental glomerulosclerosis), HIV/AIDS, SARS, H5N1 or other Avian flu, cancer, cardiovascular disorders, diabetes (FCI does take many Type II diabetics on a 'waivered' basis, but never Type I's), significant kidney, liver or gall bladder disease, heart disease or arrythmia (including use of a pacemaker), multiple sclerosis, pancreatitis, Parkinson's disease, pulmonary disease, tuberculosis, mental illness, or psychological imbalances such as generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) or hypochondria. If so, I'm advised to consult with the physician(s) monitoring my condition, and must, before becoming our client, tell FCI of its history, as some conditions are contraindications for fasting; thus, inquire if in doubt.
Those with a history of stones, or who've had a colectomy or hemicolectomy, must advise FCI of that, and sign the necessary waiver. Likewise, FCI makes the sole determination regarding whom it will allow to do our very shortest Program, on a signed-waiver basis (and upgrade it only in 10-day segments, if there are no contraindications) from among prospective clients at advanced ages (above 70) or having had or presently suffering: acute anxiety disorder, bypass/stent or open-heart surgery, cluster headaches, major depression, diabetes Type II (fasting's contraindicated for Type I's), a history of gall stones or kidney stones, lupus, mental illness, multiple sclerosis, neuropathy, severe neuroses, schizoaffective disorder, suicidal ideation, et. al.
Pregnant or nursing mothers may not fast, nor may the extremely malnourished, nor children under 18. Similarly, FCI does not accept, as clients, those suffering atrial fibrillation, severe manic-deperssive disorder (a.k.a. bipolar illness) and/or those taking Lithium, or taking anti-convulsant or anti-epileptic drugs to control grand mal, psychomotor, myoclonic, and focal seizures, nor do we accept clients on diuretics (egs., Furosemide, Lasix or Spironolactone), anticoagulants (egs., Coumadin or Plavix), or drugs for congestive heart failure (eg., Digoxin). Finally, no 'diet drugs' may be taken on FCI's Program, nor are they necessary.
That said, however, know that FCI, over 35 years of supervising our world's largest nonresidential fasting clientele (on seven continents), has had many clients taking various medications, including antidepressants and drugs for ADD, anxiety, birth control, various heart/blood medications, hormone-replacement therapy, meds for migraines, thyroid deficiency, etc. FCI instructs all who become clients specifically how to take these, so they have less tendency to hang up in the stomach and kick back in the brain's appestat mechanism, and thus unnecessary hunger/appetite, perhaps a consequent 'weak' feeling.
Additionally, FCI recommends that all clients on drugs prescribed by their physician continue taking those drugs, until the client and physician who prescribed them, together agree they are no longer necessary. Do, however, educate yourself on their possible side-effects, so you know what may be causing such things, understanding that all drugs are toxic, and can cause negative side-effects. See our "Who Should Not Fast" page.
- I understand that I am receiving no medical advice, diagnosing or prescribing, and I am fully advised to consult with my physician(s) if any medical complications do arise during my fast. Although scientific, therapeutic fasting has no history of causing any such complications, I understand that cumulative medical problems associated with both excess weight and toxic conditions may occur at any time in life, even while doing a scientific, curative fast (although intelligent fasting, historically, has long proved its efficacy as a natural, therapeutically beneficial, and a very inexpensive preventive method for improving and maintaining health, as well as a proven, cost-effective therapy for resolving numerous health im-balances and dis-eases).
- I understand that because FCI's Programs are nonresidential, and also because my own less than optimum health condition is a direct result of my entire lifetime of both dietary and lifestyle behavior, for which FCI had absolutely no responsibility, that I am entirely responsible for my own health. Therefore, I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, hereby waive and release FCI from any and all claims for health problems or personal injuries I may encounter while I am undergoing my FCI Program or afterwards, either now or throughout my entire future, as FCI is providing me with this marvelous, self-improvement technique for the rest of my life (although I understand the supervision lasts only during my initial Program, as FCI cannot advise and/or supervise it's global clientele in perpetuity; therefore, I agree to ask any and all questions during this supervised Program and keep that advice for reference during my future fasts).
- I understand that FCI reserves the right to choose its clientele vis a vis established parameters, as well as to cancel any Program if and when the Director deems it necessary, at any stage, in which case I agree FCI will refund the prorated portion of my fee, less the FedEx shipping charge and two-way, credit-card processing fees. I also agree not to hold FCI responsible for delivery problems with FedEx or alternative delivery services; any telecommunication failures by its Internet Service Providers; power outages by its phone companies; periodic computer system crashes and/or Internet traffic congestion, as well as any disruptions in electrical power, telecommunications, banking, food distribution, etc., globally, but I do expect FCI to resolve all such issues as expeditiously as possible.
I also understand that my communications with FCI will be via email (or by phone if an emergency should arise, or if deemed necessary by FCI); that FCI will respond at its very earliest convenience (on its fair, global, first-come, first-served basis--unless yours appears to be the exceedingly rare emergency--generally within 24 hours, and normally during the same day, unless your emailing comes in near the end of or after normal business hours that day, since we have lives, families, and need both down-time and sleep, just as you do), but that FCI does not fax or text clients, nor does it import any documents or attachments (as data-destroying macroviruses can be picked up enroute, completely unknown to or unintended by you).
Beyond the above communication parameters required for FCI to serve its clientele equally as the 35-year global leader in its field (with clients on seven continents, now representing 220 countries), Founder/Director Paulson rarely encourages any client to call for additional supervision (which FCI determines is not an emergency), but sometimes provides that for those who request it, feel they're at a turning point and need it, and understand the additional fee: $160 per one-hour consultation, or $90 per half-hour or any portion of it, entirely contingent upon the Director's availability when one calls (818-590-2536), of course. Most Americans, for example, are familiar with professional fees among those not even remotely considered global or even local experts, including primary-care allopaths charging $114 (average) for a 15-minute office visit, just as surveys show attorney fees range from $150 to $1000 per "billable hour."
I also hereby agree with FCI's 35-year decision to treat all clients equally, worldwide, vis a vis our long-established policy regarding our emailing of nonconfidential 'windows' in on kindred souls' experiences--our fasting sisters and brothers, worldwide--understanding that these are sent entirely at FCI's discretion, and only in response to individual requests (never on weekends--when FCI advises all clients to get out from behind their computer screens and enjoy doing things they might not be able to during the week--but otherwise are automatically sent whenever one elects to check in, even if one has no questions and wishes only inspiration, in which case s/he simply emails FCI saying: "Please send today's 'windows'."). In other words, 'windows' do not come via blanket emailing orders, nor in advance of the day one's actually on, nor in 'make up' orders for days already passed (again, I agree not to request them on weekends, understanding that FCI employees have lives and families, too, and already work 7 days a week, 365 days each year).
I further agree that FCI makes the sole determination if, when and how many 'windows' will be sent, understanding FCI recommends against any client establishing any kind of 'daily check-in basis,' as we do not want our clients creating an unnecessary umbilicus, so that they think they can't do this magnificent discipline without us in the future, since we're teaching this marvelous, self-improvement technique for life. Besides, as "Washington Post" research discovered: "The 26,000+ popular 'diets' which have come and gone during the past 70 years have failed Americans 99.5% of the time," and 'daily check-in's' are one of their hallmarks, obviously part of such universally-failed policies.
- I further understand and agree that: